Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!!!!
Go out and drink lots of green beer! Or at least some Guinness Blonde* 😉
*or if you don’t drink or can’t drink or need to be responsible then I respect that and I hope you still have a great day!!!!
Be safe today and have fun!!! PARTY TIME!
“I got no strings to hold me down”
This weeks theme: A cover featuring a doll or puppet.
My Choice: A Little Princess
There were a lot of covers for A Little Princess! Here are my least favorites:
These are my favorites:
This was a super hard decision because there were so many good covers! But I think my favorite is this one:
I don’t usually like baby pink but it works nicely with the blue. Plus this cover captures the time period without being tacky or seeming too old. Its very timeless.
Which cover do you like best? Let me know in the comments!!
I was nominated for this award by Misty at Misty’s Book Space! Thanks Misty 🙂 I appreciate it! If you haven’t checked out Misty’s blog then you should! Its awesome 🙂
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Describe your personality in 3 words?
Introverted, Loving, Strong
Do you have a guilty pleasure read? If so what is it?
Pride and Prejudice!
What are your favorite blog posts to write?
It depends on my mood, but in general I like to do tags and memes. Especially ones that involve adding gifs or pictures. I also like writing about exciting things that happen in my life 🙂
If you were a witch/wizard would you be good or evil?
What is your favorite time of day?
Night! I am a night owl and I hate mornings with a passion!
What is one item that you have to have with you 24/7 that isn’t your phone?
Pony Tail Holders! I hate it when my hair is down but I have to let it dry before I put it up, so I always keep some on my wrist!
Recommend a book/series that you think I should read?
Oooh this is super hard because everyone has different tastes in reading. I don’t know what you like so I can’t really make an educated recommendation, but my go-to’s are Pride and Prejudice, The Princess Bride, and Heroine Complex.
Are you happy?
Yes, I think I am happy most of the time.
If you could give everyone one piece of advice what would it be?
Read! (I don’t know if that is a good answer or not haha giving general advice is hard)
What fantasy world would you like to be the queen of?
Star Wars! (That might be more sci fi than fantasy? but I would love it!)
Who is your favorite author?
11 Facts about me:
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and Computer Science with a specialty of Applied Mathematics
- I love playing sports, especially softball and volleyball
- My high score in bowling is 187
- My favorite candy is skittles
- I am a cat person but I still love dogs
- My favorite superhero is Wolverine
- I surprised myself when I honestly answered yes to the question “Are you happy” above because I suffer from depression
- I do most of my blogging at work when I am supposed to be working
- My favorite color is blue
- I am eating Thin Mints right now (I used to be in Girl Scouts so I always buy a box when I see girls selling them)
- I am a natural blonde.
Thanks again Misty for tagging me!!
I am not going to tag anyone because I just did the Sunshine Blogger Award and it is very similar. I love getting tagged and participating in memes and awards but I worry that I will annoy others by tagging them. I hope you understand!
My giveaway is ending tonight at midnight (EST). So if you haven’t entered, you better do it quick!!
I posted for 25 days in a row and I accidentally broke my streak yesterday. I even had a post written, I just messed up the scheduling.
I wouldn’t even be upset if I had a legitimate reason for missing a day, but I was just stupid and scheduled my post for the wrong day.
By the time this posts
(assuming I can schedule it correctly) I will be on a plane. I am heading home from visiting my Uncle in Oregon. It was a comic book trip so it was lots of fun but lots of work. I will write a post out about my trip in the next few days! I got some great loot from the Comic Swap we went to !
Its been a great long weekend! I am not excited to go back to work tomorrow, but I miss my bed and my fiance
(in that order) so it will be good to be home!
This month’s theme is:
When I got this box I was a little worried about how small it was (scissors for size reference)
But it was packed very full:
First up was a Praline candy thing. I haven’t tried it yet but it sounds good.
Next was a drawstring backpack. I own so many of these and I don’t need anymore, but I love the fabric! Its got great texture!
Next was this super awesome book-holder-opener-thingy. (Thats the technical name) Since I have gotten it I have only read hardcover books and while it works, I think it would work better with paperbacks.
Then we had some Bubble Salt. It feels cool, but I still need to use the bath bomb I got last month. (I don’t take a lot of baths)
Last but not least, this months book is The Feathered Bone. I probably won’t read this. It sounds like it will be a thriller or depressing or both. There are too many other books I want to read that I don’t think I will get to this one.
Even though the box was small and I don’t like the book, I still liked the box. The book-holder-opener-thingy is super cool!
I was disappointed that there wasn’t a sticker again. This is the second box in a row that didn’t have a sticker. The first passport themed box had a sticker and a note saying to save all the stickers because one of the boxes will contain a “passport” for you to put them all. I really liked the idea and the collector in me was excited to have been there from the beginning so I could collect them all.
Last month when I asked for a replacement book, I also asked about the sticker and they said they were just too busy and didn’t get around to adding it. I have been thinking of switching boxes (I love the goodies in this one but I want more YA books) but the idea of collecting all the stickers was one of the reasons I was sticking with it. But now that they aren’t doing the stickers, maybe its time for a change? I don’t know what to do! I will see what next month’s box contains and then maybe make a decision?
If you are interested in subscribing to this box, use this link to get 15% off your first box! (I get $10 off my next box if you use it!)
Think Geek was having a huge sale on Funko Pops so of course I had to buy some!!
They looked so Pretty in the box!!! (There was packing material too, but I took that out first.
Here is the full Haul! Launchpad McQuack is David’s so he won’t be in any of the rest of the pictures.
Disclaimer: All Amazon Links are affiliate links. If you purchase any of these books through one of my links I will get a small commission! All the thoughts/opinions in this post are mine and in no way influenced by Amazon.
I spent so much money I got a free t-shirt!
I bought two new bombshell pops plus I already had one, so here are all of them together:
Plus for good measure, here is a pic with the Harley Quinn I own. I think she fits in pretty well. There is a bombshell version of her, but I don’t have it.
Finally here are all the full sized Funko Pops I own (minus my Star Wars ones):
I own some other little ones and some in the non-traditional style, but they don’t fit on this shelf. Also I own some Star Wars ones, but they are with my Star Wars stuff!
Do you own any Funko Pops? Do you have a favorite? Or one you really want?
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!!
I was tagged by Michaela at Journey Into Books. Check out her blog, its awesome! Also Michaela is a fellow INFJ so you know her blog has got to be great 😉
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
1) If you could burn a book, which would you choose?
Lord of the Flies!
2) Who is your most hated book character?
Hmmmm, I don’t know? I know there are characters I hate but none are coming to mind
3) Which book do you want turned into a movie?
4) What song is your jam at the moment?
Thunder by Imagine Dragons
5) What book to movie adaptation are you looking forward to?
I just finished Ready Player One and it was amazing and I can’t wait for the movie, even though I don’t know how they will do the book justice.
6) Which book character do you relate most to?
Again, I am drawing blanks here 😦
7) What is your favorite book genre?
YA Fantasy Sci-Fi all wrapped into one. (I don’t really know the difference between Fantasy and Sci-Fi, they are sort of all combined in my mind)
8) If you could be a supernatural creature, which would you choose?
9) Who is your favorite superhero?
10) Describe yourself in three words?
Introverted, Athletic, and Loving
11) Who do you plan on dressing up as on Halloween?
Oh man! Halloween is almost 8 months away! I haven’t even thought about it yet. I want to do something nerdy but it is so far away! Here are some of my past nerdy costumes:
I am going to cheat and use the same questions as before because I really liked that list and I don’t have time to come up with new questions.
- How many physical books do you own?
- “It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
- What is the funniest joke you know by heart?
- What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
- What game do you dominate when you play it?
- If you could get any tattoo done perfectly for free, what would you get?
- Least favorite genre of books and why?
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
- What book gave you the worst book hangover?
- What was the last lie that you told?
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
Please don’t feel obligated to do this tag, its meant to be fun! Also, if I didn’t tag you but you want to do it consider yourself tagged! Or feel free to answer my questions in the comments if you don’t want to do the full post!
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!!