- Friends don’t lie.
- You must answer all the questions
- You must tag 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
We are not off to a good start. I have no idea! I have books from when I was a child and I can’t know what order I got them in! One of my favorites though, was The Snow Tree
P.S. This picture is from my Book Scavenger Hunt post. There is no real reason why I included the train in my picture.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
Last Read: The Viking’s Chosen
Current Read: Geekerella
Next Read: Daughter of the Siren Queen
3. What book did everyone like but you hated?
Lord of the Flies. I don’t know if everyone actually liked it but they didn’t seem to have as many issues with it as I did. That book is messed up.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably wont?
The Count of Monte Cristo. Its soooo long. I have started it a couple times but have never been able to finish it.
5. What book are you saving for your retirement?
I don’t even like planning out what book I will read next yet alone what I will read in retirement. That is too far away to think about.
6. Last page: Read it first or wait till the end?
I see this question a lot, but does anyone actually do this? It makes absolutely no sense to me! Why would anyone even consider reading the last page first? At best it won’t make any sense. At worst it could contain some major spoilers.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Both, Neither? I try to read them and sometimes they are interesting but most of the times I get halfway through and then just skim the rest.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
Um? I don’t know! My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice but I wouldn’t really want to change places with her because that time period was awful for woman!
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
The Name of the Wind reminds me of my friend Jordan. He isn’t a huge reader but that is his favorite book so I need to read it for him!
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
Heroine’s Complex. I was at Denver Comic Con and there was an author that was signing his book if you bought a copy of it. He was just at a regular booth, not in a special signing area, and his booth was combined with a book sellers. They had a deal that if you bought his book you got two other free books. I thought this was an awesome deal. I bought his book (which I never read and can’t remember what it was called #oops), and The Name of the Wind (because I need to read it for Jordan). I didn’t know what to get for the third book so I asked the lady behind the table and she suggested Heroine’s Complex. Its the only book of the three that I actually read and it is now one of my favorite books!
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
When my niece was born I gave my sister a bookshelf and a bunch of children’s books that I remember from my childhood. Now for Christmas and my niece’s Birthday I give my niece books (along with toys and things she actually wants). For Christmas I gave her The Monster at the End of This Book and a Grover stuffed animal. She just wanted to chew on his nose, but my Mom, Grandma, and Sister were super excited about the book because we all remember it from when I was a child.
12. Which book has been with you most the places?
Pride and Prejudice! Or maybe Harry Potter!
13. Any “required reading” that you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Nope! I don’t re-read books a lot and for sure don’t re-read books I hated, so my opinion on them won’t change.
14. Used or brand new?
Doesn’t matter. I like used books because they are cheaper but I don’t have a used book store near me anymore and don’t like waiting for shipping when buying used books online. Most of the books I buy are new, either from Amazon (with 2 day shipping) or Barnes and Noble (because its close to my house)
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
I am awful with author names so I had to look him up, but no, I haven’t.
16. Have you ever seen a movie that you liked more than the book?
17. Have you ever read a book that made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Not that I can think of, though I am hungry right now so this question is making me hungrier!
18. Who is a person who’s book advice you’ll always take?
I only really have gotten advice from my Mom, my Grandma, my Sister, and my friend Phil. I will take into consideration their advice, but we all like different books so I don’t blindly follow any of their advice.
19. Is there a book outside of your comfort zone that you ended up loving?
Wonder. I don’t usually read serious books, so this was out of my comfort zone, but I loved it!
Thanks again to Melanie for tagging me!!! I tag:
As always, if I tagged you don’t feel obligated to participate, thought if you do, let me know! I would love to see your answers. If I didn’t tag you and you want to participate then consider yourself tagged! Let me know if you do it!