First Impression Friday is a meme created by J.W. Martin where you spotlight a book you have recently started and share your initial impressions.
I have two books this week! The Wendy and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda! I started both last night and am super excited!
by Erin Michelle Sky and Steven Brown
I am 70% of the way through this book, so I am a little past first impressions, but I read all 70% last night so it still counts!
- My first first impression was that the cover is awesome! I love it! Wendy looks so bad-ass and I loved her before I even started reading!
- My second first impression (once I started reading) was that Wendy is exactly as I hoped she would be! She is awesome!
- When we are first introduced to Peter Pan he seemed older and more mature than he is normally portrayed, but the more you get to know him the more you see his childish side.
- At first The Wendy didn’t feel like a Peter Pan re-telling, but the farther we get into the story, the more it follows the traditional storyline.
- I really like the writing. Its rare that I notice the writing style, but I really like it in this story. Its lighthearted and intriguing. Its told as if the narrator is talking to you and its hard to explain, but I like it!
- I am a little worried that there is a LOT that needs to happen to complete and not enough book left to complete it in! I am 70% of the way through! I can’t wait to see how everything plays out and I really hope it doesn’t end with the story unfinished!
- Also what happened to Charlie?
I am reading The Wendy as part of Reader Fox’s April Readalong! If you want to participate its not to late to join! The Wendy is a fairly easy read so it should be easy to get caught up!
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Audiobook)
by: Becky Albertalli
Narrated by: Michael Crouch
I am only 16% of the way through Simon. I listened to it on the way home from work last night and the way to work this morning.
- I like it so far!
- Martin seems like a jerk, and I don’t like him, and it bugs me that Abby might be mislead into being with him
- I want to know who Blue is! I don’t think Simon’s prediction is right because that would be too easy, I think it will be a twist.
- I want to know more about Nora, she seems like she is going to be super important.
- I don’t like the voice of the guy narrating, he is kind of annoying.
My thoughts on The Wendy were a lot more in depth haha, but I am a lot further into it.
Have you read either of these? Did you like them? Please no spoilers!