I was nominated by Books in Bloom! Books in Bloom is a little over a month old, but you could never tell by looking at it! It looks like a seasoned blog that has been around for years! Go check it out and give ’em some love!! Thanks for the nomination!!
- Acknowledge, link back and thank the blog that nominated you
- Display the award + rules in your blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 new blogs
Books In Bloom’s Questions:
1) How do you respond when an Author or friend asks you to read a book you have no interest in?
Luckily I have only had this happen once. I received an e-mail asking if I would be interested in receiving the book in exchange for a review. I have no idea who the lady was so it was fairly easy to respond and say I wasn’t interested. It was a “how to” guide on dating for the modern woman. I’m engaged so I don’t need a guide about dating so I just explained that.
2) If you read the above book and didn’t like it…at all, how do you break the news to the Author/friend?
I didn’t read the book from the last question, but there was an instance recently where I read a book that an author sent to me in exchange for a review. Before I read the book she stressed that she wanted the review even if I didn’t like the book. She said negative reviews would help her with future books and she really wanted an honest review no matter what. I read it and wasn’t a huge fan of the book and I felt awful about it! But I did what she asked and wrote my review. I tried to keep it as constructive as possible and she responded really well! She even asked if I would read her next book.
3) What do you think of seasonal reading? Does the season influence your reading?
The season doesn’t influence my reading unless it is a holiday book. I don’t really like reading Christmas books not around Christmas, but I will if its one I’ve been meaning to read.
4) Do you prefer audiobooks, ebooks, paperback or hardback? Do you own multiple editions of some books?
Audiobooks are my least favorite of the 4. I have trouble listening and paying attention sometimes. I still enjoy them, but I get a better grip on the story when I am actually reading. I don’t really have a favorite between the other 3, tho I tend to read a lot of ebooks because they are so convenient and cheap.
I own multiple editions of Pride and Prejudice and the Harry Potter Series!
5) What do you think of the library? How about borrowing ebooks from the library?
I loved the library as a kid but as an adult it is just easier to order books online. That way I can get whatever I want and don’t have to worry about returning them! I have never borrowed ebooks from the library, but I think its a great resource that I probably should utilize!
6) If there was a cruise devoted to books (ie Title Wave), would you attend?
Heck Yea! I would want to haha but probably wouldn’t in reality. I wouldn’t have anyone to go with me, and would most likely end up just doing a regular cruise.
7) Do you prefer huge incredibly detailed books or short and simple books?
Depends on the mood I am in and the book itself but usually short and simple books.
8) Who is your favorite author that’s lesser known and deserves more recognition?
Sarah Kuhn! I LOVE Heroine Complex and One Con Glory!!! Heroine Complex is one of my favorite books and I want everyone to read it!
9) What are your most anticipated upcoming releases?
Heroine’s Journey by Sarah Kuhn!
10) Why do you blog?
I don’t know? I like it haha. I am so bad at these kind of questions.
11) Do you feel like a successful blogger? What do you want to improve/change/added to your blog?
I do feel successful! I am way more successful then I ever thought I could be! I want to improve on commenting back when people comment on my posts! I only do it once or twice a week, but I feel like I should be doing it way more!
I really liked the questions from Books in Bloom! I was able to answer them easily but still have in depth answers! So I am going cheat and use the same questions!
- How do you respond when an Author or friend asks you to read a book you have no interest in?
- If you read the above book and didn’t like it…at all, how do you break the news to the Author/friend?
- What do you think of seasonal reading? Does the season influence your reading?
- Do you prefer audiobooks, ebooks, paperback or hardback? Do you own multiple editions of some books?
- What do you think of the library? How about borrowing ebooks from the library?
- If there was a cruise devoted to books (ie Title Wave), would you attend?
- Do you prefer huge incredibly detailed books or short and simple books?
- Who is your favorite author that’s lesser known and deserves more recognition?
- What are your most anticipated upcoming releases?
- Why do you blog?
- Do you feel like a successful blogger? What do you want to improve/change/added to your blog?
As always, don’t feel obligated to participate! But if you do, send me your link in the comments and I will check it out!