Thanks to J.W. Martin @ Storeys of Stories for nominating me! I really appreciate it!! If you haven’t seen his blog you should go check it out! J.W. Martin is the creator of “First Impressions Friday” (a super awesome meme that I would love to participate in more often, but I always seem to start my books on the weekends and finish them way before Friday!)
J.W. Martin’s questions:
1) You’re being blackmailed by an evil overlord to pull off the heist of the century. You need to assemble a crew who can pull off the heist and thwart the overlord at the same time. Who do you choose? (curveball: can only pick ONE character from each book world)
- Mastermind: Ender (from Ender’s Game)
- Wizard: Holgren (from The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble’s Braids)
- Brains: Hermione (from Harry Potter)
- Thief: Aaron (from The Fire’s Stone)
- Muscle: Thor (from Marvel)
- Assassin: Mia (from Nevernight)
- Scoundrel: Han Solo (from Star Wars)
This would probably be a disaster of a team. There are too many strong personalities that probably wouldn’t work well together. But if they could get along it would be one hell of a heist!
2) A book mashup you’d love to see. (example: Harry Potter meets The Illuminae Files)
Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter (I just read Heartstone which was Pride and Prejudice with Dragons and it was freaking amazing! Now I want more P&P fantasy stories!!)
3) If you could only read books from five authors for the rest of your life. Who do you choose?
- J.K. Rowling
- Jane Austen
I don’t know any others! I am so bad with Author names! (actually I am awful with names in general) I would probably pick authors who have written a lot of stuff? That way I can read lots of different books and not just the same ones over and over again?
- Terry Goodkind
- Charlaine Harris
- Janet Evanovich
I am going to cheat again and steal J.W. Martin’s first two questions because they are awesome! (I don’t like the third one 😉 )
- You’re being blackmailed by an evil overlord to pull off the heist of the century. You need to assemble a crew who can pull off the heist and thwart the overlord at the same time. Who do you choose? (curveball: can only pick ONE character from each book world)
- A book mashup you’d love to see. (example: Harry Potter meets The Illuminae Files)
- Name 1-3 magical (or not) items from a book, which you’d love to own in real life.
As always, don’t feel obligated to participate! But if you do, send me your link in the comments so I can check it out!