I saw this challenge at Bookworm Book Club and was intrigued. I have the world’s worst memory but it sounds fun so I want to try!
Rules – You must answer these questions without looking anything up on the internet and without looking at your bookshelves!!
Because the point of this challenge is to test your memory I am going to list just the questions first so you can participate, if you want, without seeing my answers first
- Name a book written by an author called Michael.
- Name a book with a dragon on the cover.
- Name a book about a character called George.
- Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith.
- Name a book set in Australia.
- Name a book with the name of a month in the title.
- Name a book with a knife on the cover.
- Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title.
- Name a book with a eponymous title.
- Name a book turned into a movie.
I tried not to look at JR’s answers before I answered the questions myself but I accidentally saw Jurassic Park and Eragon so I am not going to use those because that is cheating and not using my memory!
1. Name a book written by an author called Michael.
The Thief Who Pulled on Trouble’s Braids
By Michael Chung? (Update: Its by Michael McClung, but I was close and I got the Michael part right!)
2. Name a book with a dragon on the cover.
A Dance with Dragons
I’m going to say its safe to assume at least one version of this cover has Dragons on it.
3. Name a book about a character called George.
George and the Giant Peach
Also there is the George the monkey one with the guy in the yellow hat! I can’t remember the title of that book though. (Update: Its James and the Giant Peach not George, so I got this one wrong 😦 and the other book is called Curious George. I got the character name right but couldn’t think of the book’s name)
4. Name a book written by an author with the surname Smith.
I’m so bad with names in general and rarely pay attention to author names. My last name is Smith so you would think I would be able to think of someone! (Update: The only book I’ve read by a Smith is Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.)
5. Name a book set in Australia.
Tomorrow, The War Begins
I think that is what it is called? (Update: Its called Tomorrow, When the War Began, I was close!)
6. Name a book with the name of a month in the title.
Ides of March
I am guessing that there is a book with this title! I know The Ides of March is when Julius Caesar was stabbed so it would make sense someone wrote a book with that title? (Update: There are lots of books called The Ides of March but only one that I saw just titled Ides of March but all I needed was one! I win! haha I’m very proud of my guess!)
7. Name a book with a knife on the cover.
I think that is the one with a knife on the cover? One of the books in the series has a knife! (Update: Bitterblue is one word and it doesn’t have a knife on the cover. The first book in the series, Graceling, does have a knife on the cover but that wasn’t the book I was thinking of. I was thinking of the Defy series, but even in that series I was thinking of the wrong book. I was picturing Endure‘s cover which has swords not knives.
8. Name a book with the word ‘one’ in the title.
Its part of The Selection Series
9. Name a book with a eponymous title.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy (Though I had to look up what eponymous meant)
10. Name a book turned into a movie.
Harry Potter, I am Number Four, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Ready Player One, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, The Grinch Stole Christmas …
I could go on forever!
I did better than I thought I would! There was only one I couldn’t answer and two I sort of got wrong and one I got really wrong! Did you play along? How did you do?
If you make your own post out of this please tag me so I can see your answers!!!