April was rough for me reading and blog-wise, but life-wise it was fine, just super super busy! I would still say I had a good April even though my stats don’t really show it.
On the blog I got super far behind with replying to comments and blog-hopping, but I am slowly catching back up! If you have an April post that you are super proud of or even kind of happy with, let me know and I will check it out!
Books I read:
- This Savage Song (Review | Amazon | Goodreads)
- The Princess and the Fangirl (Review | Amazon | Goodreads)
- Shades of Magic Vol. 1: The Steel Prince (Amazon | Goodreads)
- The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 1: The Apocalypse Suite (Amazon | Goodreads)
- The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas (Amazon | Goodreads)
- Our Dark Duet (Amazon | Goodreads)
- Getting Hot with the Scot (Review | Amazon | Goodreads)
I only read 7 books and 3 were graphic novels and 2 were audiobooks. I haven’t published reviews for 4 of the books, but 3 of the reviews are written! (and the fourth is a lost cause and I am not going to worry about it 😀 )
- 2019 Audiobook Challenge
- New Books: 2
- Total: 7/20
- 2019 Retellings Reading Challenge
- New Books: 1
- Total: 3/8
We are 1/3 of the way through 2019 and I am pretty much 1/3 of the way through each challenge so I am on track.
Around the Blogosphere:
As a direct result of my low blog hopping levels, I don’t have very many posts to highlight this month. 😦
Dani @ Perspective of a Writer talks about why she usually avoids adult fantasy. I love adult fantasy but it was fun to look at things from her point of view. Most of her arguments against adult fantasy are the same thiungs that turn me off of Epic Fantasies.
Kay @ Hammock of Books brings up the sensitive subject of consumerism and materialism in the bookish community. She reminds us that not everyone can buy all the books they want, and this does not make them any less of a bookworm. (And I totally agree!)
This May I am participating in Wyrd & Wonder! Hopefully I will have a lot of fantasy related content coming your way!!
Up Next TBR
The TV show releases May 31st and I want to make sure I finish the book before it comes out!
- Dark Triumph – Reread (Amazon | Goodreads)
- Mortal Heart – Reread (Amazon | Goodreads)
- Courting Darkness (Amazon | Goodreads)
- The Silvered (Amazon | Goodreads)
- Sherwood – Retelling (Amazon | Goodreads)
I am watching binge GOT so there is a chance I won’t get a ton of reading done.